Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara Electric Stove,,from Stanley

Options
  • 24-10-2009 2:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi as above,has anyone got one of these or any info on pros/cons of them..the story is we have a solid fuel stove in our sunroom but the problem is with the chimney,or should i say the trees in the garden are effecting the down draft of the chimney and there for some days it works fine and some days you cant light it,now i have tried all the diff tops and fans and chinamans hats for the top of the chimney but nobe of them work for me,the trees are the problem..so i have taken the stove out and now i need to decide whaqt to replace it with.I dont really want to plumb for rads.So as above is anyone useing one of the electric stoves that stanley do and how do you find it,or are they more of a decorative piece than a good source of heat..and what is the electric consumption like with them......appriciate any info please...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Im not an expert on them but most if not all forms of electric heating are not as efficent or cost effective as oil/gas/solid .
    You cant cut back the trees ?
    if you cant it sounds like its your only option .

Advertisement