Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landcruiser heavy clutch - what grease to use

Options
  • 23-10-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

I have a Toyota Landcruiser with a heavy clutch.
    I was told to get the forks and release bearings greased with a special grease supplied by Toyota.
    I did some searching on the internet and came up with the following -
    Anyone know if this is the right grease?
    I take it, it is just a high temperature grease.:confused:

"Apply molybdenum disulphide grease to release fork contact

surfaces, release bearing and hub, and clutch disc splines".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I assume it is a 90 series landcruiser, the clutches have a booster, and maybe this could be the problem rather than the release forks etc.
    I could be wrong but I would check that this is all OK before ripping the clutch and greasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

It's a 2006 model with low mileage.
    It's gets heavy on about the last 1/3 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭leoch

hi sorry for rising an old thread but i have a 10 swb landcruiser and the clutch is very heavy and hard to get used to the feel or were the bite is ifukwim just wondering how did u ever get on with greasing the clutch....i was on to the toyota guys were i bought it and it got a new clutch at 50 odd thousand miles it has 64000 on it now ??

Advertisement