Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erdinger

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I had the Erdinger Oktoberfest out in a pub a while back and it was seriously nice, would anyone know what the most similar erdinger would be to it seeing as its not available anymore as below. Cheers
    Dark Märzen-style version of this wonderful wheat been brewed seasonally for the Oktoberfest in the town of Erding. Top-fermented, 5.7% ABV. AVAILABLE EARLY SEPTEMBER UNTIL OUR ALLOTMENT IS GONE.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

You can get bottles of it in o'briens offy and my local offy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

Theres still loads of it left in my local offie. I tried it a couple of weeks back after a couple of Brooklyn Lagers and hated it but tried it again at the weekend and it wasnt half bad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Dunno who you're quoting there, but Erdinger Oktoberfest is generally in Irish offies for a while.
    brewed seasonally in our enormous factory for the Oktoberfest in the town of Erding and for the rest of the planet
    Fixed

For something along similar lines, try one of the other Oktoberfest wheat beers, like Schneider Edel-Weiss.

Its not bad - better than standard Erdinger.

Ive recently been going for Weihenstephan or the old reliable Franziskaner

BeerNut wrote: »

For something along similar lines, try one of the other Oktoberfest wheat beers, like Schneider Edel-Weiss.

is that the oktoberfest Schneider weiss beer ? My offy man was saying they had a special version, but he was talking 6-7 quid a bottle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

voxpop wrote: »
    the old reliable Franziskaner

Nice and one of the cheapest too!

is that the oktoberfest Schneider weiss beer ?
    It is.
    My offy man was saying they had a special version, but he was talking 6-7 quid a bottle!!
    Good for him. I hope his sales patter was better than his pricing policy.

BeerNut wrote: »
    It is.

Good for him. I hope his sales patter was better than his pricing policy.

Ah yeah - we were just talking about oktoberfest versions of beers and he mentioned it. He didnt have any on sale, and at the price he was suggesting we both came to the conclusion that noone would be buying it.

On an aside - that store you linked to, have you dealt with them before ? Might put in an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Cheers for the quick responses lads. Ill have a look around for it, never seemed to see that one

On an aside - that store you linked to, have you dealt with them before ?
    Only in person -- I work nearby. Though I've heard good reports about the delivery service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement