Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamins

Options
  • 23-10-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you could provide some links to accurate info on vitamins and vitamin companies and supplements. im doing a project for college and need some real scientific quotable material on the above, searching has yielded nothing but sites selling vitamins or lies about how they can cure cancer and so on!

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

What exactly are you looking for is it quantity of vitamins in tablets, sales of the company, effects of vitamins on the body??

I'm assuming since you said 'real scientific material' that it's something to do with the effects of vitamins?

Pub med central is the best to search through. You won't always find that you can get a copy in pdf but you will always at least get an abstract. Which college are you in? I ask because usually you can with your library password get access to databases such as science direct where you will get the majority of the papers you need in pdf format.

I had a quick check on pub med and came up with this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2258445/?tool=pmcentrez

It might help to get you started :)

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

hiya jen thanks for the starters ive searched quite a bit of stuff on pub med already, its a group project and ive been assigned to get info more on the industry and how much it pumps out, their annual take in from vitamin supplements an so on less from the biological side but any of that would also be useful for handing over to my fellow members.

BTW im doing biomedical science in DIT the library has quite a bit on the biological side of vits but i need a bit more on industry facts figures that sort

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Why not try contacting some of the companies? You'd be surprised how much info they have and are more than willing to send out once requested. I had to contact several pharmaceutical companies in college to find out obscure info and never had any problem

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

angeldelight thats nothing id have ever thought of great idea thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

There's possilby some EU reports on the industry if you search for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement