Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Your Own Drink Restaurants?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any of these in Dublin? I have been in many up the north and in other countries but never in ROI!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Only one I know of is Khans Balti House in Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Keshk Café on Leeson st- no corkage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

second Keshk (spar next door too), actually eating a lunch take out special at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

There is actually a great off license about 2 doors away from Keshk (the opposite side to Spar). They have a pretty good selection of wines, and there are usually some on special too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pixie001 wrote: »
    There is actually a great off license about 2 doors away from Keshk (the opposite side to Spar). They have a pretty good selection of wines, and there are usually some on special too :)

Louis Albrouze :D They rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

wow cheers, you learn something new everyday
    Sorry OP for hijacking thread somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

There is a small restaurant on Terenure Rd North where you can bring your own wine, I can't remember its name...anybody knows it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

The Royal Tandoori in Terenure.

It can be good but be warned the last time I was there the service was awful.

Waiter - Here you are sir, chicken tikka masala.
    My friend - Actually I ordered a Rogan Josh
    Waiter - Yes sir, this is a Rogan Josh
    Friend - Eh..no..it's tikka masala.
    Waiter - No sir, no that's a Rogan Josh, you ordered a Rogan Josh
    Friend - I know, but you said that it's tikka masala. And it is.

Hmm....they wouldn't change it for him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

Yes keskf cafe is a great place and well worth the visit

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Great, thanks for replies :) I'll have to check a couple of these places out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

monto cafe on sundrive road, crumlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 corkage

I generally find most restaurants in Dublin will allow you bring your own wine, you obviously should ring ahead just to clear it with them.I had a meal in Pearl Brasserie with some friends,where we all brought a bottle or two,they charged us 15 euro corkage per bottle and a little bit more for champagne, which is more than fair.The end result is you get to drink very good wines with no restaurant mark up( which can be up to 300%).
    Keshk cafe on Leeson Street, don't have a wine licence and don't charge for corkage.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

corkage wrote: »
    I generally find most restaurants in Dublin will allow you bring your own wine, you obviously should ring ahead just to clear it with them.I had a meal in Pearl Brasserie with some friends,where we all brought a bottle or two,they charged us 15 euro corkage per bottle and a little bit more for champagne, which is more than fair.The end result is you get to drink very good wines with no restaurant mark up( which can be up to 300%).
    Keshk cafe on Leeson Street, don't have a wine licence and don't charge for corkage.

€15 corkage per bottle???? Eh I don't think so! I'd usually spend under €25 on a bottle of wine in a restaurant, there's no way I'm paying someone €15 to uncork a €10 bottle of wine that I've paid for myself....ridiculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

corkage wrote: »

15 Euro more than fair? In Monaco maybe..........seriously though far too much to be honest!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

€15 corkage per bottle???? Eh I don't think so! I'd usually spend under €25 on a bottle of wine in a restaurant, there's no way I'm paying someone €15 to uncork a €10 bottle of wine that I've paid for myself....ridiculous!!
    jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    15 Euro more than fair? In Monaco maybe..........seriously though far too much to be honest!

Brgds
    Johnny

Then it's not for you.
    But if I was having a 'special' night out I could bring a bottle that I may have been keeping at home worth, maybe, €30 and have it for a total cost of €45 (bearing in mind that I've long ago paid for the wine). Same bottle could cost €80 - €100 in a restaurant.
    Must try that next time I'm going out for a special meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Belles

Bombay - Riverforest, Leixlip - no corkage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David J L

I dont know of any in Dublin but whilst living in OZ its all the rage over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

yeah australia and new zealand were great for BYO, but I just can't see it catching on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

Bistro Spice in Monkstown. you can bring beer and wine and theres an off license next door.

Their naan bread is AMAZING!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

Konkan on Upper Clanbrassil Street. Yummy little Indian restaurant

• Advertisement
Advertisement