Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car dented and scratched!! How much to repair?

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Panel beater and resprayer, dented the back side of my Yaris (3 door) and its pretty badly scratched. :mad: Can anyone recommend anyone on the Northside of Dublin? Thanks a mill

Comments

Any chance of a photo, depends on many things really
    - does the dent need filling or will it pull / beat out
    - are the scratches through to the metal
    - is it just the rear quarter panel or the door too
    - is the rest of the car perfect (do you want a mint job or a so so job)
    - is the Yaris old, it may not be worth investing hundreds in if it's a 1999 with loads of miles and other issues with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I would recommend Motoworld on the northside, good guys and great work...
    business phone number ((01)8771191)...

if you looking for an estiamte here, you will need pics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ninnyninball

RoverJames wrote: »
    Any chance of a photo, depends on many things really
    - does the dent need filling or will it pull / beat out
    - are the scratches through to the metal
    - is it just the rear quarter panel or the door too
    - is the rest of the car perfect (do you want a mint job or a so so job)
    - is the Yaris old, it may not be worth investing hundreds in if it's a 1999 with loads of miles and other issues with her.

I'll try get a photo up later,
    - The dent should beat out its not too bad
    - its a three door and its the panel behind the passanger door.
    - the car just passed its NCT on Saturday with flying colours, didn't even give it a service before hand because i was think its better to fin out whats wrong first - the guy in the NCT centre said it was a great little
    car:)
    -it is a 99 but its a jap import barely used with 16000km on the clock, it came with all the extras and its in great condidtion so i would defo invest the money.

If it's gonna cost me over €500 i think I will go through the insurance. Something I don't wan't to do but I acn't afford any more than 500 myself. YOu would'nt know anywhere that opens on a Sat by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Jut a thought but if you dont have the money at the minute then why not wait till you have the money to get it repaired to save on the insurance? its only a dent and scratch isnt it? Nothing mechanical just cosmetic really. Sure you could use it for couple weeks until you save up to get it fixed?
    Jus a thought..
    S..

If it's gonna cost me over €500 i think I will go through the insurance. Something I don't wan't to do but I acn't afford any more than 500 myself. YOu would'nt know anywhere that opens on a Sat by any chance?

16,000 km only :D She must be minty tight like a new one. I couldn't recommend anyone to be honest, lived in Dublin for a few years but moved out of there about 3 years ago.

From the info given though I reckon €300 would sort it if the panel is not too bad and doesn't need major pre paint filling. I recommended a premium spray painter to a friend (Cork based) for repairing stone damage to his girlfriends new (08) Focus, came in at less than €300 and as I mentioned the chap is very good and respected in the trade.

As the other chap above said there is no immediate urgency in getting in fixed either, try some paint friendly rubbing compound and wax it to protect it a bit from the elements and maybe take the rough look off it, worth a try. Best of luck with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Panel beater and resprayer, dented the back side of my Yaris (3 door) and its pretty badly scratched. :mad: Can anyone recommend anyone on the Northside of Dublin? Thanks a mill
    Google "Paint less dent removal" they should take care of the dent a lot cheaper than a panel beater/body spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

A 99 with 16k on the clock?what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Don't forget there's an excess value on your insurance which is usually a couple of hundred, so if you claim €600 you'll get maybe €300-€400. Not worth losing NCB or having a claim marked against you come renewal time, is it?

jackncoke wrote: »
    A 99 with 16k on the clock?what car is it?

You're not a private detective anyway I take it ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I got a quote of 520 from Car Craft in Eastwall, which im going to pay myself defo not worth losing my NCB for 300! My car is a Toyota Yaris and it was an import that was never used...bargain of the century! Thanks for all the comments

• Advertisement

Happy out, thanks for filling us in, best of luck with it :). No doubt she'll be like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bfirotax

You could try scratchmagic. www.scratchmagic.ie They are based in clontarf but they do the work at your house

Advertisement