Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bee Keeping

Options
  • 23-10-2009 10:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Looking for some bee keeeping , equipment ( protective clothing & hive ) for person starting off in East Cork. Ideally second hand no longer wanted. PM me if it is against the forum rules to point me in the right direction

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Got the second hand protective clothing &a national hive , now looking for a nuc of bees for the spring to start off with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

bertie,
    join your local bee association and do a starter course if you havent already done one. that way you will be put in touch with some one who has a reputable hive and you wont rick teh chance of buying a hive from a stranger that may have a disease. you will also get invaluable support from the members in your local association

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I've done that & the beginners course . No nucs available in spring as 2009 orders are not filled yet due to the bad summer last year, it will be the end of the summer 2010

Advertisement