Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with "fixing"tatt

Options
  • 23-10-2009 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

This is a combo of a couple of sittings but I'm uneasy with it and I'm not sure why, i like symmetry so maybe thats it and maybe more flowers - getting married in a week and want to get it sorted in teh next day or so - please help:) and please no harsh cristism - dont think my emotional state would take it:D and if anyone could recommend a place that would be good for this type of tatt - thanks

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

To my eye it looks kind of lonely sitting there alone, I think the best option for you is to stick with the asian style and get a good tattoo artist (one with a decent amount of well--done japanese tattoo in their portfolio) and maybe get some nice jap waves / wind put around your existing tat, or you could also get a sense of movement by having the wind tattooed on there and have some cherryblossoms being blown along in the gust.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

only thing i'd worry about is that if you're getting married in a week that tattoo will still be a bit manky and scabby if you get it done in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

thanks guys - i'm gonna think about it rather than rushing into something, and maybe have a think about getting it turned into a much bigger piece:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

still be a bit manky and scabby!

Ew, ive never had one of them. is that normal?

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Ew, ive never had one of them. is that normal?

um, every tattoo scabs, it is a wound essentially.

unless you use bepanthen as it's magic reduces the amount of scabbing!

• Advertisement

um, every tattoo scabs, it is a wound essentially.

unless you use bepanthen as it's magic reduces the amount of scabbing!

yes i do use bepanthen and ive never seen a scab

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

im pretty sure all of my tattoos have scabbed.ok not big dirty scabing but they do scab,flake and itch.
    maybe your special.

they itch, and yeah the top layer flakes off... i wouldnt call it a scab though, it doesnt look weird or horrible, i unno.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

they itch, and yeah the top layer flakes off... i wouldnt call it a scab though, it doesnt look weird or horrible, i unno.
    I'm the same, but I just think that's what most people call 'scabbing' when it comes to the tattoo. If you get an actual physical scab, then either you're not looking after the tattoo properly, or the tattoo artist was severely heavy handed.

basically what damo said.

i call it 'scabbing'. the skin goes dry and flaky but obviously it's not the same as what you'd get if you cut yourself or something

• Advertisement

ah ok, i always think of scabbing like that.

either way i wouldnt describe it as manky

ah ok, i always think of scabbing like that.

either way i wouldnt describe it as manky

wow, you're never going to let my use of that word slide are you?! :rolleyes:

anyway, back to the OP, whereever you've disappeared to, what have you decided to do?

Advertisement