Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

womens boxing

Options
  • 23-10-2009 2:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

id love to learn to box, never done it before, want to get fit and i dont know where to start, are there dedicated womens boxing clubs?? i think i would be really intimidated going to a club, should i start off in a gym with 'boxercise' or what??? any help would be grateful!! im in co . kildare but id be fairly happy to travel to dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Boxercise is nothing like boxing and mainly done by fitness instructors who'll get you hitting pads learning poor technique-join a club and just train the same as the lads, nothing to be intimidated about, Katie Taylor is the best female boxer in the world and trains in Bray boxing club..get to your local boxing club and see how it is..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭CK1Champ

i'm a coach/boxer in smithfield bc in dublin...we have a boxercise group where we would start beginers and let them do everything a boxer will do and if they want to try a bit of boxing its up to themselves,not made do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

as cowzerp said Katie Taylor trains in Bray and I'm sure she\they run women only classes. A few girls from our kickboxing club travel to bray a few nights a week to train in the regular class and the reports are very good. If your close by it would be worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I go to Thunderbolts Boxing Bootcamp in Gloucester Street Sports Centre D2. Small classes and we do cardio, shadow boxing, pads, bags, shots, skipping and some light partner work. Twice a week. It's tough, it's good fun, and you grasp the basics quick enough.

It's finshed in December but starting up again in January. It's unisex and coached by a boxer, John O Brien. 086 199 0230

Advertisement