Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CARLOW IT

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Best institute ever established?

I think so!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

werd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

a bus shelter outside and a student bar and i would say yes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

English person: "where did you study in Ireland?"
    Me: "Dublin at first, and then Carlow"
    ... ... ...
    ... ... ...
    Me: "You've never heard of Carlow have you?"
    English idiot: "No... I've heard of Dublin though"

God forgive me for moving here (...UK) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why should an english person have heard of carlow?

Oh, forgive me for trying to introduce some humour into the thread. I deeply apologise to you and everyone else, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar. i did not mean to bother you in any way at all. Where did you get your knighthood by the way? - on knighthoods-R'-us.co.uk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kevster wrote: »
    Oh, forgive me for trying to introduce some humour into the thread.
    Humour?
    Where?
    :confused:

... ... ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Nice, NICE!

Ok good effort guys now everyone hit the showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

inoutugh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

tongue0007.gif

I can see where this thread is goin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Best institute ever established?

Let's look at the criteria:

location: shít...let's not kid ourselves. Carlow is smaller than most Irish towns and there's nothing remarkable or unique about it. Hardly a stimulating environment to spend your college years.

education standard: It's a regional IT so it's unlikely your degree will be globally recognised. Most of the students here would have gotten around 350 points in the Leaving Cert.

Campus: buildings are ugly and there is zero atmosphere. Most students are locals who go home to mammy at "tea time". Basically 7th year of secondary school.

Best institute ever is quite a claim OP. Personally I would nominate MIT in the USA. It is at the cutting edge of scientific progress and has produced brilliant minds such as Richard Feynman.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Killjoy.

...GTFO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I move that Fo Real be perma-banned from the IT Carlow forum.

FOREVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Jesus, I try to have a sensible discussion and people want me banned :confused:

I'm new and I find this forum extremly "clique-ish". Each poster is trying to crack a funnier joke than the next with no debate or discussion at all. There is a seperate humour forum guys....

Dry your eyes m8:pac:

I did the BSc honours in Industrial Biology courses there and am now doing a PhD in England. Supervisors here (England) who look at the course structure for my degree at Carlow seem very positively surprised by everything that was covered. There's a lot to be said for the ITs in Ireland. You just get a better interaction and more flexibility with course content than you would in a university.

... ..plus, there are more down to earth people in the ITs, and not 'academics' (i.e. assholes)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Fo Real wrote: »
    Jesus, I try to have a sensible discussion and people want me banned :confused:

I'm new and I find this forum extremly "clique-ish". Each poster is trying to crack a funnier joke than the next with no debate or discussion at all. There is a seperate humour forum guys....

I'm afraid the whole of boards.ie is like that now, ever since the introduction of post_thanks.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyingbassman1

There is much worse locations than Carlow IT. It has two cinemas, bowling alley, swimming pools, nice restaurants, plenty of shops etc. The lecturers are for the most part good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyingbassman1

Oh... and good pubs :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement