Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT for services provided abroad

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi

I'm planning to give a consultation service to a company in EU, Im presuming I dont charge VAT (well Irish anyway), is there something however I should be doing. I'm a little green as yet so apoligies if this is a simple question, can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

The answer to this question depends on a number of factors. For example where is the supply going to take place. Is the customer to who you will provide the service registered for vat. What is the type of consultancy.

Most consultancy services come under the heading of Fourth Schedule Services for vat purposes. Usally the supply is deemed to take place in the recipient country and if it is to a business then there will be no liability to Irish vat. Instead an invoice will be issued at 0% which will include the customers vat number. They will then account for vat in their country.

Hope this answers the question :cool:

Advertisement