Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Brake Fluid Disposal

Options
  • 22-10-2009 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

How do I dispose of this safely? It's pretty toxic stuff, the local recycling centre take used engine oil but I'm (and they) are not sure on brake fluid.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd imagine they would take it, I know they take old paint and other dangerous chemicals for free so brake fluid should fall into this category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

The personnel there aren't sure and I can't find anything definitive. I might pop a mail off to DCC and see what they say - if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Or you could do what I did: Accidentally spill it all over your driveway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

JHMEG wrote: »
    Or you could do what I did: Accidentally spill it all over your driveway. :)

I suppose my driveway needs a clean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I guess there must be somewhere for it to be disposed of properly, i'd say anyone who works with plant machinery / fork lifts would know, it would be similar to any hydraulic oil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement