Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HK416 Battery Installation

Options
  • 22-10-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭

I got a Top Tech HK416 today and don't know to install the battery. I took off the handguard, but theres no wires to connect the battery. The manual says that the battery goes in the handguard and a leaflet that was in the manual says it goes in the stock, but the stock won't come off.
    Can someone shed some light on this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Anything I've seen on this 416 shows the battery in the foregrip, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsGl5eNVd8 (fast forward to 7:00minutes) or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6EpVBT_d0&feature=PlayList&p=998FD3D9BA07B273&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=71 . It should have a crane stock so it could be re-wired but it's meant to be wired to the foregrip from the factory, isn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anything I've seen on this 416 shows the battery in the foregrip, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqsGl5eNVd8 (fast forward to 7:00minutes) or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6EpVBT_d0&feature=PlayList&p=998FD3D9BA07B273&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=71 . It should have a crane stock so it could be re-wired but it's meant to be wired to the foregrip from the factory, isn't it??

Ya, theres a crane stock on it, but it won't come off. I don't know why its not wired to the handguard.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Sounds like you need Richie's help on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

it comes with a cranestock you say? How are you trying to take off the stock??
    Have had a couple of different cranestocks which come off different ways!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It should look like this under the RIS rail, Are you saying you dont have these wires?

3066699100_7bb98d2fff_b.jpg

To remoev the stock you need to pull OUTWARDS on the lever you usually press IN to adjust the stock position. this'll let you slide it off the back. it might be the case where its been rear wired or something. :)

4035046417_84e46af607_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

The end plastic cap should pull off and you insert the battery there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

To remoev the stock you need to pull OUTWARDS on the lever you usually press IN to adjust the stock position. this'll let you slide it off the back. it might be the case where its been rear wired or something.

Thats it really, had one though that had a two stage push in to remove it... was an odd one!

Masada wrote: »
    It should look like this under the RIS rail, Are you saying you dont have these wires?

To remoev the stock you need to pull OUTWARDS on the lever you usually press IN to adjust the stock position. this'll let you slide it off the back. it might be the case where its been rear wired or something. :)

No, those wires are not there in the handguard. I guess it must have been rear wired.
    Thanks

.22 Lover wrote: »
    The end plastic cap should pull off and you insert the battery there.

You can't remove the cap, the stock has to be removed to install the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Sorry my bad:)

• Advertisement

.22 Lover wrote: »
    Sorry my bad:)

No problemo man.:D

Advertisement