Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Servicing

Options
  • 22-10-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

My Audi A4 is currently on variable servicing, is it possible to change to fixed servicing?
    I'm not sure which option would best for me, does anyone have views on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

yes it can be done by a dealer or by someone with vcds diagnostics software (vag-com)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Why do you want to change? What advantage do you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭All in all

Hi Chris - I don't necessarily want to change, some people have said to me oil couldn't last that long, etc. I am not that mechanical myself just wanted to make sure all was okay with the variable servicing, seems to suit me fine as I do 35k kms per annum.
    Can the variable serving only be done by a dealership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

No issue with variable servicing, it measure your driving style & usage and works out when you need servicing. I'd trust it.

All servicing can be done by non-franchise dealers without affecting your warranty as long as it's done up to the manufacturer's standards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement