Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banter #6 - Francois & Sunil Sharpe - 31st October

Options
  • 22-10-2009 2:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had a thread about this a while back but cannot find the thing. Anyway I went to the last one and it was pretty good! Slightly different to what I was expecting, as there was no mention of dance music at all, it was all band type stuff but all still relevent as it was about the media etc.

Anyway, next one on 31st octover is the "Legends of Techno" with our very own Francois and Sunil Sharpe
    BANTER #6 is a tie-in with the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival (DEAF) and takes place on Saturday October 31.

"90s vs 00s² will see Dublin techno kingpins Francois (repesenting the 1990s) taking on Sunil Sharpe (repping the 00s) about which decade produced the most thrilling sounds and nights out in the capital city.

http://bodytonicmusic.com/events/other/2009/oct/14/banter-5-banter-deaf-90s-vs-00s-w-jim-carroll-fran/

I definitely won't miss this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Sounds great, both DJ's are great, Francois IMO is the undisputed king of Techno in Ireland closely followed by Warren K.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Good stuff, will definitely need to attend!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cool give me a bell if you are going!

Will do... sounds like a chin stroking event on techno, not to be missed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Sounds great but "Legends of Techno".Fair enough Francois paid his dues but Sunil hasnt made a track worth mentioning and he's a long way to go to legend status.

Both very good djs and an excellent venue so it should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Would anyone know where I could get a recording of the Banter #5?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

banter #7
    jtsuited vs jonny68

celebrity-deathmatchcopy.jpg
    :D

^ :D Brilliant!

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Sounds great but "Legends of Techno".Fair enough Francois paid his dues but Sunil hasnt made a track worth mentioning and he's a long way to go to legend status.

Both very good djs and an excellent venue so it should be good.

I would agree with you in this regard, anyway it should be a good nite unfortunately im not back until the following weekend.

Good banter last night, an enjoyable couple of hours listening to the discussion on the 90s and 00s. I did get the feeling that the subject of drugs was being diverted a bit though - it seemed like Jim Carroll didn't want to get too much into that aspect!

Good to meet both Zascar and Francois also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

i was actually on the list, but couldn't go as I'd dj'ing duties last night. Bit of a sh1t night for it in fairness.....and was looking forward to it! I wouldn't really rate Jim Carroll as a dance music connoisseur though.....

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    i was actually on the list, but couldn't go as I'd dj'ing duties last night. Bit of a sh1t night for it in fairness.....and was looking forward to it! I wouldn't really rate Jim Carroll as a dance music connoisseur though.....

I don't know much about him but he carried the banter pretty well and was able to generate a good conversation flow - I just felt when the subject of drugs came up that he seemed to want to divert - he even commented a few times how he would need to edit a lot for the podcast. Seems pretty silly given that the conversation was about dance music and clubbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭francois

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I don't know much about him but he carried the banter pretty well and was able to generate a good conversation flow - I just felt when the subject of drugs came up that he seemed to want to divert - he even commented a few times how he would need to edit a lot for the podcast. Seems pretty silly given that the conversation was about dance music and clubbing!

it was abit diverted, but enjoyable all the same, nice to meet Felix and Zascar-the podcast should be available soon

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Really enjoyable session, the 90 mins flew past I'd say it easily could have gone on all night. Loads of great stories from the haydays and some really interesting discussion about Techo & the scene now and then. Great to meet Francois and Sunil - and Felix too!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Felixdhc wrote: »

When you work for the irish times you've gotta be careful, I suppose......

Very true. However it was funny cause a number of times he was saying "EDIT!!" to let them know to remove stuff for the Podcast. I was at the last two and he does a great job and certainly seems to know his stuff

Nedermeyer wrote: »
    When you work for the irish times you've gotta be careful, I suppose......

I used to work as a temp in the Irish Times when their offices were in D'olier St, fantastic job although very very difficult to get a perm job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I got let go from there last year! Still ragin'!

Advertisement