Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reccommendations for good tyres please!!

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get a new set of tyres for my car. I'm slipping a bit with them at the moment.

My car is a BMW 318i 2002. Stock wheels. Would any of you have any recommendations for a good mid price tyre?

Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

i fitted kUmho's to an e90 320d es. made a great job of the back of her, very grippy and keenly priced in strabane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I've always bought Firestones or Pirellis. Lots of feedback and stop well in the wet. Best tyre I ever drove on were Michelins but they cost a bomb. Hankooks should be made illegal , without doubt the worst tyres I've ever driven on ( except for Triangle, dont start me ). Useless in the dry and down right dangerous in the wet. There must be no rain at all in Korea. Falkens used to be a semi budget brand that out performed their price. Out of the tyre game a while now so dont really know if they're still a little cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Great. Thanks for your replys. I'll get some prices on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Heading up to Newry on wednesday to the dentist. I Saw that kwik-fit have Pirelli p6000's for £68.

Anyone know if thats a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

If your looking for some very competitively tyres then have a look at ;

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

Have bought from them in the past, excellent prices and fast delivery!

• Advertisement
Advertisement