Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT - no log book/licencing cert

Options
  • 22-10-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all - just wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation. I got a new (used) car last week (woohoo :D) and the NCT is expired on it. The dealer called and arranged an appointment for this weekend. Only prob is that I haven't got the vehicle licensing certificate back from Shannon yet! Will they do the NCT without me having the cert? I can't ring them at the moment before anyone suggests it - tied to my desk in work! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I brought my wife's car in for the NCT last week and all they checked was the confirmation letter.

Having said that I've heard of other people being asked for the cert.

Apparently if you don't have it they can do the test but not issue the disc (assuming you pass!) until you produce the cert.

The best thing to do is go along and say nothing unless you're asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

Sorry posted in wrong place!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

smooch71 wrote: »
    I brought my wife's car in for the NCT last week and all they checked was the confirmation letter.

Having said that I've heard of other people being asked for the cert.

Apparently if you don't have it they can do the test but not issue the disc (assuming you pass!) until you produce the cert.

The best thing to do is go along and say nothing unless you're asked.

Cheers - that was my plan! All I have is a text from them confirming my appointment (no letter sent out) so I'll plead ignorance! :pac:

Advertisement