Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Courts

Options
  • 22-10-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Are there any tennis courts in town or around town that you dont have to pay ridiculous amounts to join as a member before you can play ? that anyone can drop in for a game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,142 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are tennis courts out in UL, think they are free to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

bazz26 wrote: »
    There are tennis courts out in UL, think they are free to the public.

I don't think there technically free but i've played on them many times without paying :)

I don't think there technically free but i've played on them many times without paying :)

It's years since I played on them and I definately didn't pay either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I play there on a regular basis without paying:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

are they the 2 there in fromt of the kilmurry student acom? Never thought of them!! just turn up and serve an ace is it? :)

• Advertisement

Liam79 wrote: »
    are they the 2 there in fromt of the kilmurry student acom? Never thought of them!! just turn up and serve an ace is it? :)

They are behind the all weather pitch, the last time I was out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If had a beef with the university over a few things in the past e.g. the way the blocked the river path to build their boat house.

However, if it wasn't for them, LImerick would be screwed. Can the council not provide some simple ameneties like tennis courts? The skatepark shambles sugggests - occasionally and with great difficulty. I've heard of 'small' government, but that is taking the mick.

Should be tennis courts available centrally to the public in a city of 125,000+. Council is just not interested in public leisure. They gave away part of the park, illegally. They no longer provide a swimming pool on the northside of town even after the Ennis Rd pool went.

Advertisement