Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What initials?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Harking back to your arcade days (or these days for those sods with cabinets), what 3-letter initials did you use when entering a high score? Did you use your name or initials all the time, or intersperse it with 'ACE', 'SEX' and 'NOB' like all good school boys/girls?

I used SPA, as it's the first 3 letters of my surname but also a sorta rude word.

(Let's try and keep it clean?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

AAA - as I wanted to skip the name entering part and continue on playing !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was over in the London Trocodero a couple of months ago and they had a few fairly knackared candy cabs. One of them had Raiden.

'Excellent! Time for a new highscore methinks!'

Made a balls of entering my name. :( They really don't give enough time to do that in games.

Actually my initials are OMG. Which annoyingly enough, means something totally different to the majority of the world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, for me it has to be,
    CDR, if it's only three letters...
    CDRMN, if it's only, well, five letters...
    It gets more awkward when games have 6 and 7, because then you have to decide which vowel means more to you,
    do you go with...
    Cidrmn
    Cdermn
    Cdrman,

and so on...

In fact, the timer may run out before you make up your mind and all I'm left with is..

C_____

Bugger!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My name is Aaron Arnold Anderson so AAA for me :P

Actually I was a bit immature and used SEX and later SJF, my real initials, when I began 1 crediting MERCs, Ghouls n' Ghosts and Carrier Airwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah, I used to always use the initials of my name B.D as it was quick for most games. Got bored of that so I just ended up using !!! if the games let me.

Don't really know why I chose that :pac: But I always use DUG or DUGGY!! (I like my exclamation marks :P )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Best ever was an old speccy game called Forbidden Planet, and when you entered rude words as your name it gave smart ass replies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Usually BUD, AAA or ACE. No idea why. Had to giggle at SEX though.

Advertisement