Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti depressants while pregnant?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey, just need some advice on this.

I mentioned to a lot of people I think I was a little depressed, I was being monitored...but I wasn';t seeing anyone very regularly, and in the last month I've taken a huge nose dive.

Just having a very hard time, and thinking things I don't mean. But it's very concerning, especially since if you get depression during pregnancy you are very high risk for PND...which i already am.

Met with the social worker again yesterday and she was lovely. Really really nice. I have an appointment to see the hospital Psych and am being advised to think about anti depressants.

When the social worker talked to me she said that there are meds that would be a lower risk to the baby....but the way she worded it didn't make me feel comftorable. Any risk seems too much to me.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anything about this? I really want to be well informed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pre natal depression can carry over after the birth to full on post natal depression, had that happen to myself. You need to ask the dr a bunch of questions until you have enough info to make a decison ask the midwifes in the hospital too.

Advertisement