Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothercare Info Evenings

Options
  • 22-10-2009 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just thought I'd tell you about the Mothercare info evening I attended last night. I think they run them in all their branches, once a month.
    They have several speakers on different topics, and give out an info pack with leaflets and a discount card for 10% in Mothercare.
    I went on my own on my way home from work, but regretted hadn't brought himself, or even a friend for the company.
    They started off with the staff demonstrating a few different travel systems, how they work and their pros and cons, but not aimed at sales, more at info. They didn't even tell the price of them.
    Then we had a talk about baby massage classes, and infant first aid classes.
    They have us a break after that, and gave us a drink and had some nibbles to pick up, which was great. Also they clearly pointed out loos!!:p
    In the second half we heard from jo jingles (sing to baby classes), someone from Cow & Gate on nutrition in pregnancy, a qualified midwife, who gives anti-natal classes and breastfeeding classes for pregnant women, and someone from a chiropractic clinic advocating the benefits of treatments in pregnancy and for infants!
    I found it interesting, though all the classes being offered was a bit bewildering!
    The Midwife however was good, gave a few tips on labour etc, like a feeler of what anti-natal classes would be like, and was very down to earth!
    Just said I'd give a little review, as some people may not have heard about this, costs nothing, and nice even to be around a few preggers ladies at different stages!
    It started at 6:30 and we were finished at 8:45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We went to the one in Carrickmines, It doesn't sound half as good as the one you went to tho! No nibbles for a start!

We had the same travel system demonstrations, the C&G lady and then the midwife, didn't fo on for longer than an hour.

We are planning on going again soon as we've nearly used up our discount card! Which one did you go to? Might go there next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

afraid I'm in Cork, went to Mahon Point, so could park right outside.
    Defo worth it for the card alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Just to note - the cards only apply for items not currently on special offer. I don't know if it's just the time of the year but everything seems to be either on sale or buy one, get one half price in mothercare at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We've mostly used ours whan buying the big things! We bought all of our nursery furniture from there and saved loads! It's great quality furniture too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

We're going to Mothercare at Lisburn- I may drag my dear wifey into one of these evenings first- they sound very informative. Are there any details of when and where the meetings are on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

smccarrick wrote: »
    We're going to Mothercare at Lisburn- I may drag my dear wifey into one of these evenings first- they sound very informative. Are there any details of when and where the meetings are on?

http://www.mothercare.ie/contentbuilder/popimage.aspx?imgname=2&title=mother_&_baby_care_evenings__-_venue_&_dates

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Mothercare are running these evenings in 2010. I can't find any info on their site?
    Would love to get my hands on a card as I have an eye on one of their buggies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

tweety76 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if Mothercare are running these evenings in 2010. I can't find any info on their site?
    Would love to get my hands on a card as I have an eye on one of their buggies :D

oops just didn't look hard enough

http://www.mothercare.ie/assets/m&b_invite_115_120_print.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep we attended one around a month ago. It was very informative and had demo's of various travel systems, car seats, cots and accessories. The mid wife (from the Coombe I think) was very informative and spent loads of time afterwards talking to individual mothers including my wife.

I found it very useful and relaxed especially as you were outside the Hospital atmosphere of the Anti-Natal classes. We attended the one in the Belgard Branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Had forgotten Mothercare did these..Himself wont get to go to the classes with me so might be good to get him involved with this..
    Im starting my classes next week and it isnt on in Mahon until the end of the month..Is it still worth a look??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Swizzles, I went to Mahon, and I did think it was informative, as they do show how to fit carseats etc, and some of the speakers are quite informative, also you can ask questions, which may be useful, particularly for you being well along in the pregnancy. I went quite early on, and maybe in hindsight later may have been better!
    Also the discount card can be useful;)
    Hope you are well:)

Advertisement