Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Return

Options
  • 22-10-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

My mother is terminally ill and I am trying to spend as much time as I can with her in her last days

I have done none of my tax return but can make an online filing so that gives me a few more days.

If I do not get books done in time am I better making some return or calling or mailing revenue and sending in as soon as I can?

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

You are much better off sending in something rather then leaving it late. This will avoid the late filing surcharge which can be the more expensive penalty.You can always amend it later if need be and then the most you may be hit for is interest which may or may not be levied.

Regards

dbran

Advertisement