Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you played every games you own? I will soon

Options
  • 21-10-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

In relation to my own thread, I decided that having so many games sitting unplayed and unloved on my shelf was dumb, so I've started playing them all. Gonna keep an update going here in case anybody it's interested.

It's a Dreamcast console, by the way, 98 PAL games (with 20 to get to "complete" the collection), 29 US games (8 more to get) and 30 JP games (2 more to get, maybe 3 if I can find the boxset of SGGG going cheap - I wouldn't mind but I had the special boxset in my hands in Akihabara and put it back).

So in total, 157 games as of now, with the possibility of adding 30 more in the near future.

This might take a while. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you going to try and play them all to completion one after another? Because if you are that's gonna take longer than a while! Years even!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

o1s1n wrote: »
    Are you going to try and play them all to completion one after another? Because if you are that's gonna take longer than a while! Years even!

Originally, the plan was to just load up each game, play it for 5mins and tick it off the list, but as I get into some of the games waay to easily, I've found that I'm making a note of those I want to come back to.

The main idea remains to load each and every game I own at least once. If I find a few that I think will take more time to appreciate, then so be it, but I'll be moving through the list as quickly as possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I could probably do this if it wasn't for my addiction to JRPGs :( I'm also OCD when it comes to finising a game once I start it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I've played every game I own but I haven't cleared every game, which is shameful. I have to admit to not being hugely into clearing games. If I play it for 10-20 hours (I rarely play RPGS these days) then thats worth it for me, and I will probably aim to clear it over the course of a few months as I play other games between then. Example being Advance Wars Dual Strike - love that game, very far into, about 2 levels from clear but just can't clear it now as I've left it too long and can't get back into the swing of it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Exactly the same thing happened to me with Dual Strike. Played it religiously every day until I got to the end. Had some difficulty with the final level and just haven't played it since.

Cant remember if I finished Days of Ruin or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happened to me on Metroid Prime,
    got to the final boss, worked and worked at beating him, finally did it after hours of play and then....

HE WAS ONLY THE FIRST FINAL BOSS,
    He was the penultimate boss, and the next one was even harder!
    So, that was that, I was both crestfallen and ashamed :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He was a c*nt but doable. I'd certainly faced worse in the likes of Contra Hard Corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Stage 1 is complete. This is the quickest stage, where I basically load every game, play for about 5mins and move on. During this stage, I skipped every JP and US game, aswell as those PAL games that I just know are going to suck me in again (Dino Crisis, anyone?), and I still got waylaid by the likes of Crazy Taxi 2, Headhunter and Rush 2049.

I also skipped some of the race games (of which I have a lot) because I have plans to buy an MC2 wheel sometime in the near future. Might aswell play them as God slash Sega intended.

So, 78 games loaded, 7 non-working :mad:, and 48 I want to return to again sometime.

Yeah, this is going to definitely take a while. :D

Advertisement