Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee message about eircom connection; safe?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I’m on eircom dial-up Internet connection, and my McAfee (protection system) log is sending me the following messages (scores of them):

A computer at dns.1.cra.dublin.eircom.net has attempted an unsolicited connection to UDP port 50373 on your computer.

A computer at 159-134-221-81-dynamic.as1.rtd.sligo.eircom.net has attempted to access one of your system ports (TCP Port 445).

There are scores of other identical messages in the log as well but instead of ‘dublin’, it says ‘castlebar’, or ‘athlone’, or ‘castleblaney’.

McAfee is asking me: ‘Add this IP as trusted?’ And telling me: ‘TCP Port 455 is used by Microsoft DS service or program to access File-sharing services.’

They look safe, but I’m not a techie and am not sure whether to add them.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement