Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently using a netgear DGN2000 to enable WAN access to a NAS

Ive set a firwall rule to point to the NAS ip address and also pointed the default DMZ to the NAS but every time i goto the wan ip in my browser i land on the netgear mangement page!!!!!!!

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Which TCP port are you using for the NAS? It probably defaults to 80 which would be the same as your router. Try changing the management port for the NAS. Remember to port forward the NAS port number to the NAS internal lan IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

hey,

Ive changed the router port to 8082 and set the port forwarding to forward on any port... my heads melted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Use http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check if your ports are actually open.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

just to update this.... the issue was with the router firmware. working great now. Tks 4 ur help

Advertisement