Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itch i need scratched

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey guys...
    Due on saturday, but my belly seems to be just getting bigger and bigger every single day... :eek:
    Its so incredibly itchy!!!
    Im rubbing Palmers butter lotion into it but i was just wondering if any of ye used anything else you found effective.
    Know i dont have too long to go but im afraid i'll go over and have to put up with two more weeks of this itch and its driving me mad at the moment...
    Thanks in advance if ye have any suggestions... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Something with Aloe Vera in would be cooling and should help soothe that itch.

I do believe that Vaseline Intensive Care have just brought out an Aloe Vera moisturising gel. It smells nice. Think I saw it in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

I shudder when i think back to that itch!! :o I would go mad tearing at my belly and my leg's were awful :( I would get a dry facecloth ot towel and gently rub this up and down my belly, not sure why but this really helped me..

Best of Luck :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Bio Oil works for me.

I also found that some tops made it worse than others and I just had to stop wearing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

lalalulu wrote: »
    I would get a dry facecloth ot towel and gently rub this up and down my belly

Lol, i was doing this last night when i got out of the shower i was rubbing like mad. :D

I have the bio oil, but do ye not find that it takes forever to dry into your skin and i do only use a few drops.... ??

I must try the aloe vera... i will try anything at this stage and i do find aloe vera great whenever im away on holidays it really soothes my skin after the sun... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I am only 30 weeks but my tummy is so itchy some days it drives me nuts. I use the Aveno oatmeal bath powder. Its bout €16 for 10 packs and its worth it. I usually throw 2 into the bath and sit there for about 10/15mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Hi Princessa, Using the towel give's a least a small amount of relief :o
    Also once babs is born and your milk come's in, it can sometime's be painful or uncomfortable so i would get in the shower and use a facecloth.. again! and rub it up and down my chest i got great relief from this. Ah the auld facecloth has many use's! :D

Princessa wrote: »

I have the bio oil, but do ye not find that it takes forever to dry into your skin and i do only use a few drops.... ??

I didn't have that problem - maybe you're still using too much? I use two or three drops, literally.

I literally use a few drops but it just doesnt seem to soak in for ages... Today is D- Day and no baby but still an itchy belly... sniff sniff...:(

Princessa wrote: »
    I literally use a few drops but it just doesnt seem to soak in for ages... Today is D- Day and no baby but still an itchy belly... sniff sniff...:(

Oh, exiting times. :D

Enjoy your last hours/days of rest. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you exfoliate your belly really gently the bio oil will sink in really quickly and be more effective.

Good luck Princessa, hopefully you won't go too far overdue.

Xx

• Advertisement

Thanks very much. My phone didnt stop beeping yesterday with texts like "Any news? Any baby yet?..." I was so cross, i was like grrrr no go away. :mad: He he im ok today im just pushing it to the back of my mind or i'll go crazy i think ha ha.
    Does the itch go away when the baby is born? Is the itch literally because the skin is soooo stretched? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I never heard of this itch...why?

I never heard of this itch...why?

Consider yourself lucky then... its very irritating. Ive read its caused by the natural stretching of your skin. And with the baby over 9lbs already and growing and growing everyday my poor skin feels stretched to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Intense itching in pregnancy can be a sign of a potentially serious liver condition. You should consult your GP/Obstetrician if the itching is persistent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrahepatic_cholestasis_of_pregnancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Oh I had pregnancy itch - it was unbearable - you could use silcocks base - I was prescribed cream by doctor but it didn't do much. If i could give one tip to pregnant women don't give your due date to anyone - people will ring and text to see if you've had the baby yet - if anyone asks give a vague date of start April, mid May etc.

Best of luck

Advertisement