Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese slieve how many hours

Options
  • 21-10-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Was just wondering does anyone have a rough idea of how many hours work would go into a full jap sleeve. The tattoo consists of a dragon at top of arm coming onto chest. It starts around my bicep and is crawling up on to my chest. Then from forarm up there's a koi.. it has some flowers and water , shading. Tat is black and grey with small bits of color.. Starting it friday .:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Obviously hard to say what with all the variables (detail, whether its B&G or colour, speed of the artist) but for a full sleeve with 2 significant elements I would estimate around 12- 16 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 enniscorthybhoy

well the artist who's doin it said 12 to 15 so that's about right. Hope it turns out great. The guy did some great sketches and is going to freehand it on:eek: bit nervious about . Well i think he know's what he's doin:) I'll post some pic's of it as it progress's.

Just had my first session today. Got the outline of the dragon done up my arm and onto the chest:(,, bit sore now.. get some pics up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yeah mine took 8 sessions, averaging about 2 hours a session (it was all I could afford each month). If you have the money set aside though I'd try and get as much done per session, it'll make it go by faster obviously and you'll have a finished sleeve sooner rather than later. I found it hard to wait each month to get more done.

Where you getting it done if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks for the info mate.. I'm gettin it done in Enniscorthy " celtic tattoos " guy called eddie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the info mate.. I'm gettin it done in Enniscorthy " celtic tattoos " guy called eddie.

Are you going to this studio because they are great at Japanese style or because they're in your county?

Diceicle wrote: »
    Are you going to this studio because they are great at Japanese style or because they're in your county?
    A bit of both mate tbh.. I like the guys work so far.. :)

Advertisement