Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Municipal Pay as you go swimming pools

Options
  • 21-10-2009 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Are there any in town? that are safe for parking? Ruling out St Endas.....I know UL but thats always packed, and I heard Grove Island also but its a tenner a swim! :mad:
    are there any decent pools in town that u can have a swim for an hour or so that wont cost the earth and your car is safe?
    Cheers amigos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

St.Endas offer car park security. Have you had a problem with you car while using the facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

ive been using St Endas for years, never a problem. I would defo recommend trying it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Yep i have used endas on many occasions and my car has always been safe. the back gate is locked now, and there are high fences every where. Lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Years ago near Enda's there was another Pool open to the public was it Bawnmore ??

I think it was/is a facility/hospital type place for people
    with disabilites as I remember as a kid going using the pool
    and been freaked out when Female nurses casually walked into the male changing rooms to help change/dry the kids with Downs syndrome while other males were naked and getting changed!

The pool itself had a shallow end that was really shallow
    and the water tempeture was higher than other pools.

The Pool out in UL I remember was extra cold compared to other pools and the progression from shallow to deep was
    really sharp!

Roxboro Pool has disappeared now wonder why they got rid of it! Dive of a place anyway (parden the pun)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

+1 for Endas.
    Always felt safe with the car...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Grove Island is ok. €13 for an adult and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

bullets wrote: »
    The Pool out in UL I remember was extra cold compared to other pools and the progression from shallow to deep was
    really sharp!

LOL - the trick is to stay swimming on the surface of the water as you pass into the deep end! :D

Advertisement