Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Week

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

We're trying to organise speakers to come and talk in the primary school I work in for Science Week. If anyone has any suggestions for people I could contact, I'd be very grateful. Unfortunately it's voluntary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Where are you based Gwen? If there is a University or IT/RCT near you then contact their science faculty/department and you'll be sure to find someone who can come out and speak. You may even be able to organise a field trip to a University science laboratory...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

Try making contact with your local County Council, Most have dedicated environmental education officers. A lot of their work would involve school visits for shcemes such as the An Taisce green flag scheme so they are well used to coming out to schools.

Advertisement