Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Private company doing driving tests

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I have heard that there are driving test complanies in a few places that have been contracted to test people for their driving test.

Any L drivers that apply for their test seem to be going on about these places saying they pass everyone.

Two of my friends did their tests their and both had failed when doing their tests in regular test centers on more then one occasion. Both told me they couldnt believe they had passed, one of them told me he ran a red light during the test and the other told me ha didnt indicate at all until the tester told him that he should be indicating.

I think these places are passing people that shouldnt be driving on the roads.

Anyone else here of these places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your either a troll or you live under a rock. Or a bridge. In fact you could do both I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

To be fair, my gf passed her test at an SGS (I think) run place off Pottery Rd in Dun Laoghaire last year. Going both on her description of the test and on her driving standard in general, I don't think a government centre would have passed her. Even she was surprised to pass. One of the questions he asked her was what does an amber traffic light mean. She said 'go', he smiled indulgently and said something along the lines of 'have a good think now'...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As of April 2009 SGS Ireland are no longer contracted by the rsa to conduct driving tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Your either a troll or you live under a rock. Or a bridge. In fact you could do both I guess.
    Come on now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whilst the info told to the OP sounds made up, there were suggestions (which I think were backed up by stats) indicating that SGS managed to have a higher pass rate than our civil servant testers!

• Advertisement

Oh and thread moved from Motors to LTD!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Come on now.

Ignoring the fact that a huge percentage of drivers in this country have never even done a driving test I don't think its fair to jump on a bandwagon about a company that no longer does business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I wasn't aware of that - would the existing testers get a P45 or would they be kept on (therefore not saving money)?

• Advertisement

That would be a interesting day for Irish Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Fcukface wrote: »
    I have heard that there are driving test complanies in a few places that have been contracted to test people for their driving test.

Any L drivers that apply for their test seem to be going on about these places saying they pass everyone.

Two of my friends did their tests their and both had failed when doing their tests in regular test centers on more then one occasion. Both told me they couldnt believe they had passed, one of them told me he ran a red light during the test and the other told me ha didnt indicate at all until the tester told him that he should be indicating.

I think these places are passing people that shouldnt be driving on the roads.

Anyone else here of these places?

The private company are no longer operating Fcukface.

Fantastic name you have there OP :D

Dopey wrote: »
    The private company are no longer operating Fcukface.

Fantastic name you have there OP :D
    I was literally going to punish you there for insulting another member until I realised that was their username! :o
    Mods with sexual frustration - a bad mix! :D

Do it anyway. He is a Dope.

Advertisement