Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points for Tommy Walsh?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Not sure if you noticed the Kerry All Ireland winner Tommy Walsh on the news last night. He was filmed driving his VW whatever by RTE News and he was not wearing his seatbelt. Penalty points? Doubt it because of who he is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Looked like it was on private property to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought you meant that English builder fellow. At least that would have been interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

At least that would have been interesting.

If you are interested in English builders.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good spot that! He was driving at Plassey village there near UL where he is in college :) So yip he was driving without seatbelt :)

ardmacha wrote: »
    If you are interested in English builders.

well an english builder (or anyone) with an english licence getting Irish penalty points would have been interesting cos it would have been a first, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

--> Insert largest Rolleyes icon ever made here <--

egan007 wrote: »
    --> Insert largest Rolleyes icon ever made here <--

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Just thought it was interesting because the Gardai go after speeders who posted themselves on youtube yet he breaks the law on national telivision and he gets away with it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you a clip to it?
    How do you know the gardai are doing nothing about it?
    Have you made a complaint to the gardai?

1. No. 2. I'don't do you? 3. No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I think the point being, that if you have such an issue with it, why don't you report it and see if you can get soemthing done about it..... instead of complaining nothing being done on the interent....
    The garda might not be aware of it.....

1. OK, I haven't seen the incident in question.
    2. You claimed that "the Gardai go after speeders who posted themselves on youtube yet he breaks the law on national television and he gets away with it", yet you have no knowledge if the gardai are aware of it, or if they are aware that they are letting him away with it. For all you know, he could have been stopped up the road and fined, etc.
    3. You bitch about it on here and complain that the gardai are treating him differently from other civilians yet you don't try andf make a complaint in the off chance that they are unaware of it.

FFS! :rolleyes:

robtri wrote: »
    I think the point being, that if you have such an issue with it, why don't you report it and see if you can get soemthing done about it..... instead of complaining nothing being done on the interent....
    The garda might not be aware of it.....

Where am I complaining? Just made an observation mate.

kbannon wrote: »
    1. OK, I haven't seen the incident in question.
    2. You claimed that "the Gardai go after speeders who posted themselves on youtube yet he breaks the law on national television and he gets away with it", yet you have no knowledge if the gardai are aware of it, or if they are aware that they are letting him away with it. For all you know, he could have been stopped up the road and fined, etc.
    3. You bitch about it on here and complain that the gardai are treating him differently from other civilians yet you don't try andf make a complaint in the off chance that they are unaware of it.

FFS! :rolleyes:

Keaaam down.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Where am I complaining? Just made an observation mate.
    Well you are complaining. You're complaining that he won't get penalty points "because of who he is", but you've completely failed to take into account that the people who can issue penalty points are unaware than an offence has been committed.

Keaaam down.
    Is that your retort?
    Why did I bother? :confused:

seamus wrote: »
    Well you are complaining. You're complaining that he won't get penalty points "because of who he is", but you've completely failed to take into account that the people who can issue penalty points are unaware than an offence has been committed.

It was on National telivision

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It was on National telivision
    Case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

You'll find in here http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1058197 Think its around the 37 minute mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

you're all missing the point: Tommy Who ?

...like, is he of some stellar import, or something ?? :confused:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
Advertisement