Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls - ALBUM

Options
  • 21-10-2009 3:29am

Has anyone come across this band from California yet? Kinda dreamy summer pop. Just having my first listen to the album and I really like it so far. Hellhole Ratrace is an awesome song and I think it was the leader single. Pretty certain they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm a fan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Funny you mentioned them today, I picked up the album a few days ago but haven't listened to it yet. Damned if I know where the recommendation came from or why I got the notion to go get it now, I assumed it was from here.

edit: actually judging by the stuff dated around the same time last week, I reckon I've been abusing the "similar artists" folksonomy feature on last.fm again.

Guardian recommended them a few months ago.

Intro to Morning Light makes my head hurt. Drums and guitar completely off time with each other. YEOWCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

There's a lot of hype about these and this is at least the second thread on here about them. I downloaded the album and it just doesn't do anything for me. I do like their videos though, just the music by itself leaves me cold. Maybe it needs a few more listens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Cool. Thread merge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I like it. Might check them out.

Advertisement