Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rossbrien road closure.

Options
  • 21-10-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Anyone going north from Adare, Croom (N21/N20) will not be able to go onto the city anymore as the new interchange layout will not cater the city NB entry.

The city council are lookng for options.

I thought I'd share this solution. It's the commuters who should really decide, as the city council drop the link in the first place. The council can't be trusted with a scissors let alone a road.:D

Just kidding!

Alternativelink.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

That solution will not work - Greenfields Road is too narrow to take the traffic that would be coming from the M20 and anyway you could come off the M20 at Dooradoyle and come down Rosbrien Road just as easily.

Your map is the first time I understood why the direct route past the Maldron has to be closed - travelling north on the N7 to get onto the M20 traffic comes down the same off ramp as city bound traffic and swings right under the bridge and onto the M20.

The exit from the N7 northbound to the M20 should have been after the bridge looping inside the on ramp.

The easiest way to maintain access from the M20 to the city would be to bring N7 Northbound - M20 traffic down to the small roundabout just before the Maldron and loop back onto the M20.Rosbrien.jpg

Advertisement