Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some small info needed on Maintenance grant

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i finally got round to filling in my form and want to send it off, but am just unsure on some points that are not covered online.

The nationality thing...do i really need to get my passport photocopied and signed by a guard? I'm Irish and was born here/always lived here etc...

Proof of residence, how can i get this? rent reciept or something from my mam?

Is the cutoff date too far gone, or is it still worth my while applying?

I have been awarded BTEA for the course i am on, last year and this, my last year, but part of the info on the VEC site said something about people approved for that are not eligible to apply? seems a bit off-putting tbh!

I am a 28yr old living at home with one parent, well within the income threshold and have never applied before...what are my chances of a successful application?

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Meh i'll just try that stuff anyway and see where it gets me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Meh i'll just try that stuff anyway and see where it gets me :P

How did you get on so far?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

How did you get on so far?
    Ha i forgot a put this thread up a while back...Just got the standard "your application has been recieved and has moved to the next stage" so i sent them on the FA2 form and i'm expecting good news in January (being optimistic here):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ha i forgot a put this thread up a while back...Just got the standard "your application has been recieved and has moved to the next stage" so i sent them on the FA2 form and i'm expecting good news in January (being optimistic here):D

Well good luck anyway

Advertisement