Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlamp bulb group test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im very happy with my cheap halfords bulbs, they last quite a long time depending on the car and its soo easy to find them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

robbie_998 wrote: »
    im very happy with my cheap halfords bulbs, they last quite a long time depending on the car and its soo easy to find them :)

I bought a set of their "extreme brilliance" bulbs last week and could barely see beyond the bonnet! :eek: Got them checked and aligned at a garage and they couldn't believe how poor these bulbs are.

Now has a set of Osram's back in and I can see again! Still looking for Xenons at this stage though (thread in modified motors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I don't think 'Halfords' and 'cheap' can go in the one sentence! If you want cheap try Lidl's bulbs at €3.99 a pair, and as good as any other generic bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

From someone who regularly checks headlight alignment, cheap bulbs are a balls.

You will often just end up with a blurry blob on the alignment screen.

Throw away bulb and put in a new one and all is solved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

JHMEG wrote: »
    I don't think 'Halfords' and 'cheap' can go in the one sentence! If you want cheap try Lidl's bulbs at €3.99 a pair, and as good as any other generic bulb.

+1. Bought halfords bulbs once before.....lasted 3days in the headlight. The bulb actually disintegrated due to the heat it dissipated in the headlight. Use Lidl H7 ones now never any problems and have a spare set in the boot in case they blow I cant understand how so many people dive around with only 1 working headlight especially now since we are approaching winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Xenon's FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Xenon's FTW
    Yes if only I could find a place that would order/install them for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Yes if only I could find a place that would order/install them for me! :)

OK... OEM Xenon's FTW :D

Advertisement