Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusing discrepancy between IE and Firefox

Options
  • 20-10-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

I've noticed a discrepancy in the displaying of a page between IE, Firefox and Chrome that I cannot figure out a solution to.
    Please take a look at the homepage of the following site:
    www.galwaydesignerkitchens.com

The footer of this page displays fine in Firefox and Chrome but not IE...what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 woodsl

styles. ie is a boll0cks. you need to turn off all styles in your css before applying your footer style. there are loads of tutorials on the net how to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

dartsfan wrote: »
    Hi,

I've noticed a discrepancy in the displaying of a page between IE, Firefox and Chrome that I cannot figure out a solution to.
    Please take a look at the homepage of the following site:
    www.galwaydesignerkitchens.com

The footer of this page displays fine in Firefox and Chrome but not IE...what may be causing this?

Thanks.
    On my PC, Firefox and Chrome display the page fine - IE6 doesn't (obviously) but on my other PC, IE8 displays it correctly. Don't worry about it, it's coded fine - I suggest you add a bit of code to tell the person it's best viewed in FF or Chrome when they are using IE6 - just like Facebook does.

facebook-ie6.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think IE6 is starting footer from the right side of contentText because it's overflowing down from the content div.
    If you stick clear: both; into your #footer style it should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

I think IE6 is starting footer from the right side of contentText because it's overflowing down from the content div.
    If you stick clear: both; into your #footer style it should fix it.

This did the trick, thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The sooner IE6 dies the better. :) A nightmare to do anything beyond the most basic with css.

Perhaps just redirect all request from IE6 browsers, to the windows upgrade site :D (Or even better an alternative browser like FF)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Small suggestion : force an appropriate min-width so that you don't get the unexpected wrapping that's currently happening.

Advertisement