Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free copy of Panda anti virus 2010 for a year! (October 22nd only)

Options
  • 20-10-2009 6:20pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://us.pandasecurity.com/w7launch/

Not sure if this has been posted already, Panda will be giving away their anti virus product to protect you for a year free of charge to celebrate Windows 7 launching, More info here..
    Although there are plenty of free av suites out there, sub for this one for a year seems to be $50, for those interested, its free on the 22nd, I persume Irish people will be able to avail, see nothing on the page to state otherwise

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭recycler1

yoyo wrote: »
    http://us.pandasecurity.com/w7launch/

Not sure if this has been posted already, Panda will be giving away their anti virus product to protect you for a year free of charge to celebrate Windows 7 launching, More info here..
    Although there are plenty of free av suites out there, sub for this one for a year seems to be $50, for those interested, its free on the 22nd, I persume Irish people will be able to avail, see nothing on the page to state otherwise

Nick

Not the best product IMO. The problem is that uninstalling it is next to impossible. It may have improved in the last year, or so, but it used to require expert knowledge to get rid of it. I'd never touch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

recycler1 wrote: »
    Not the best product IMO. The problem is that uninstalling it is next to impossible. It may have improved in the last year, or so, but it used to require expert knowledge to get rid of it. I'd never touch it again.

Yep, had same probs a couple of years ago, now i use avast, www.avast.com , it's free and IMO very very good, never had a problem in 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Panda's detection rates are crap. I know it's free, but this is people's computers (and sometimes livelyhoods) we're talkin about. Best stay away.

I've been trialing Microsofts new A/V suite called Security Essentials and it seems to be doing quite a good job. It's free to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I've been trialing Microsofts new A/V suite called Security Essentials and it seems to be doing quite a good job. It's free to boot.

Me too, and so far I have to say I am also impressed. First they do a good job of Windows 7 and now they have a decent free antivirus suite! I can't believe Microsoft are actually doing things right! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Same here, just posted this as I found out about it and some people may have wanted it, didn't know panda was that bad though, :eek:

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

d31b0y wrote: »
    Me too, and so far I have to say I am also impressed. First they do a good job of Windows 7 and now they have a decent free antivirus suite! I can't believe Microsoft are actually doing things right! :)
    Now they just need to get a GOOD console out that doesn't fry itself out when you open the drive tray.....

Windows 7 looks like its gonna be a hit. Kind of like XP which is now gonna slowly fade away.

Strangely enough I feel happy for them.

Advertisement