Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Time for a change??

Options
  • 20-10-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys/girls

I have my 04 Toyota Celica 1.8 vvti (140 bhp) for a year and a half now and it hasn't given me one bit of bother but i'm a bit bored now and want a change.
    Now we are in a recession so I don't want to part with any cash just a straight swap/trade deal.
    What do you guys think I could hope for?
    I know a might have to go down a year or 2 but that would't matter too much depending on the car for example i'm kinda thinking of maybe a 02/03 Audi TT, a 02/03 Honda Integra type-r, 03 BMW 320 cd m-sport, 04/05 Audi A3 or A4 2.0TDI, 03/04 Madza RX-8...

I would definately consider other cars but these are the kind of cars i'm looking for basically either sporty again or Audi/BMW comfy saloons/hatchbacks.

What do you guys think I could hope for or would I be wasting my time because i have no cash.

The celica has 85000 miles with FSH, 18" RS4 Alloys, Leather Seats, Spoiler, A/C, NCT 01/2010, Full UK sport spec.

Appreciate any help
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Why don't you stick it up on adverts.ie and advertise that your looking for a swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beamer Queen

Hi,
    Im in the same situation as you, i have a "2002 BMW 318 I SE" for sale or swap if your interested. Its on ebay at the moment if you take a look.

Some of the Honda Accords have a great spec so it may be worth taking a look at them. Some of them have alot of exterior extra's that make them look a lot sportier.

If your looking at an Audi A3 i think golfs have similar performance/specs and seem to hold there value. I personally prefer the A4 (more car for your money)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Well if you go near a dealers looking for a swap you will be ripped off...no way you will swap into the cars you mentioned ...they will probably try and send you off in an 89 Fiesta AND look for cash also...A 320d will feel MUCH faster and be quite a bit cheaper on fuel...very sensible IF you dont get a 'bad 'one -and there are lots out there with turbo/fueling troubles/clunking suspension etc etc

EDIT

Audi TT,Tiny hatch area ,not fast unless 225bhp

a 02/03 Honda Integra type-r,hope you (and your local police/thieves etc )like ear piercing 8500rpm wails

03 BMW 320 cd m-sport, 'sensible'

04/05 Audi A3 or A4 2.0TDI, A3 meh...A4 see 320d but maybe doesnt handle as well...

03/04 Madza RX-8. A genuine gas guzzler...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Beamer Queen

thanks i'd never gone into adverts untill the link you posted. will look into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

04/05 Audi A3 or A4 2.0TDI

Don't go with the 2.0TDI engine. The 1.9TDI engine is the one to go for. The 2.0TDI engine is nothing but trouble.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭04CELICA140

Cheers for all yer help and info....
    Will try the adverts.ie route and see what happens.
    Your right about the dealers i'd never get a good deal outa them!!

Advertisement