Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing left headlight on a Seat Ibiza MK3

Options
  • 20-10-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of advice here (Mods, I've looked around and figured this is the best place, please move if not).

I need to change a headlight on a Seat Ibiza MK 3 and have been looking online but unable to find any instructions. I'd like to at least give it a gentle shot before going to a garage if needs be, money's tight!

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

When you say change a headlight I am presuming you mean the headlight and not just a bulb?

Best bet is to first buy a headlight from the likes of www.micksgarage.com, will be every bit as good as one from a main dealer, €179.50 here http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?pid=169095&pk=837A8.

It should be just a case of disconnnecting the bulbs at the back and loosing the connecting bolts, hardest part will be making sure it lines up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Argh, the stupidity in my post.

I meant change a bulb, not the headlight itself.

From limited sources I've read, I've seen you have to undo the front bumper, so thats the kind of information I was looking for, thanks for your input though!

Advertisement