Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with a special spirit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/pub-with-a-special-spirit-1914510.html

What do ye think of this lads/ladies?

What I found slightly interesting was that he was smoking a pipe although its not allowed in pubs anymore. Not saying it doesn't happen but is something to think about!
    I don't think thats a ghost, just an Ole man chancing his arm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He's a regular to the pub it seems. As for the pipe. Alot of pipe smokers just liek to have it in their mouth out of habit. I think Grimes here is a pipe smoker so he'd know better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps he is trying to kick the habit by having the smoke in his mouth but not lighting it. Thats what I do when im trying to quit but I involuntarily light it when im not looking. Damn that right hand of mine.I dont however smoke a pipe although I did have one when I was growing up in the liberties in 1906. But yeah Mark has a point. Also its totally a man in the pub looking out the window.

You can see his hand under the windowframe in the second one. Perhaps dropping it for some reason.

Myth Busted ..... again

Grimes wrote: »
    Perhaps he is trying to kick the habit by having the smoke in his mouth but not lighting it. Thats what I do when im trying to quit but I involuntarily light it when im not looking. Damn that right hand of mine.I dont however smoke a pipe although I did have one when I was growing up in the liberties in 1906. But yeah Mark has a point. Also its totally a man in the pub looking out the window.

You can see his hand under the windowframe in the second one. Perhaps dropping it for some reason.

Myth Busted ..... again
    I think that was an obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I think that was an obvious one.

not to me sadly :o

Ye just thought I would share it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

thanks macdaddy, your swell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Yes.. He looks 100% solid to me, I have to agree not a ghost.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

I don't think thats a ghost, just an Ole man chancing his arm :D

i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

feelio wrote: »
    i agree
    even spirits wouldnt dare to smoke in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Grimes wrote: »

Myth Busted ..... again
    Plus the man that took the photo he owns the Photo shop in the town and is the Owner of the pubs Brother nice way to promote both the family bizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

danny thats awful harsh. Incidently I heard that www.rainydaydeals.com is haunted. :D

:)

I have an interesting picture on my camera that i must upload and show it to you guys an see what yee think. :eek: I was out house hunting with AI a few weeks back for his web site, we were in a huge but grim basement of a big old house, while he was working away in one of the rooms doing his 360 shots i was playing around with the camera taking a few pics of my own, i took about 5 of the same area and it was only when i looked back over the pics after that i noticed something weird in one of them, AI agreed also that it looked a bit odd indeed.
    Was a fairly freaky place anyway, nearly pitch black down there :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Logan wrote: »
    Yes.. He looks 100% solid to me, I have to agree not a ghost.. lol

So ghosts only appear as ethereal wisps flitting across foggy moors, I think we are all wasting our time so!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Im just amazed they found a paper that would publish it thinking it was a ghost and not an old man on the way to do a piss.

iamhunted wrote: »
    Im just amazed they found a paper that would publish it thinking it was a ghost and not an old man on the way to do a piss.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

leddpipe wrote: »
    So ghosts only appear as ethereal wisps flitting across foggy moors, I think we are all wasting our time so!! :)
    Nah just looking in the wrong places :p Get thee to Wuthering Heights with a camera and a proton pack ! :D

Advertisement