Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 phone!they want 25 quid to unlock!!!!

Options
  • 20-10-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Been on 3 the last 6 months on best of both..Am now moving back to meteor...3 has proved to be useless! I had no minutes for 2 days and couldnt top up..I got no apology! Basically I rang them, asked for my unlock code..they said they have it for 25 euro!!!!does this make sense?Ive spent over 100euro with them!! they said the fee goes directly to sony ericsson??can this be true?its a w595 by the way
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they said the fee goes directly to sony ericsson??can this be true?

I doubt that's true but they can do it as it's part of their terms and conditions. You might be able to get it unlocked cheaper in an unlocking shop

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

I was so shocked when they said this. Every other network has given me unlock codes after I spent over a hundred euro with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I was so shocked when they said this. Every other network has given me unlock codes after I spent over a hundred euro with them!

those were the good old days, now vodafone want 127e in the past 6 months and all the networks are pushing for perma-locked phones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would be under €20 in an unlocking shop, id rather give them the business then give 3 their 'administrative charge'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The only way you get a free unlock code from 3 is by renewing your contract, no matter how much you spend. On pay as you go, you have to spend €130 and still get stuck for the €27 charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

those were the good old days, now vodafone want 127e in the past 6 months and all the networks are pushing for perma-locked phones

Why €127, is it £100 they are after? This means that if you get €20 of credit each month to get free calls etc, you don;t quite qualify.

tried it but got n error 536910AF005BDA74???????

:(
    graduate wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

tried it but got n error 536910AF005BDA74???????

:(

your not doing it right, go read that thread again and follow it to the letter, it does work ‽

your not doing it right, go read that thread again and follow it to the letter, it does work ‽
    dunkmonkey I know I must be doin something wrong!It nearly drove me insane lastnight haha...i thought i cracked it and then something came up about base error!!Ill keep trying tho..Thanks a mill for the link..When I finally get my head round it and work it I'll owe you a pint ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I would recommend Mobile Phone Solutions in Dublin for unlocking, the mans a gent! if you post it up, he'll unlock it the same day if possible and send it back down to you. As I said to someone else today on Boards I'd recommend him, he is a respected member of boards.ie too!

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I would recommend Mobile Phone Solutions in Dublin for unlocking, the mans a gent! if you post it up, he'll unlock it the same day if possible and send it back down to you. As I said to someone else today on Boards I'd recommend him, he is a respected member of boards.ie too!
    any idea how much he charges?

thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

any idea how much he charges?

thanks for the tip

€15:)

;)

drunkmonkey you are the best!!It worked once I got my thick skull around it! Thank you so much :D

Advertisement