Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer 3rd yr science

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I strated Science undenominated in nui Maynooth in first year and i really didnt like it there and wanted to transfer. So i transfered into second year in Nui Galway. At the time i wasnt certain of what course i wanted to go down .Now i know i want to do Applied maths and physics. I can do this course in Galway. There is a course in cork which is almost identical but 100 leaving cert points higher than i got. Now i am hoping for at least a 2:1 honours for my 2nd year exams will i be able to be accepted?
    All my friends and family are in and around cork and my girlfriend lives in kerry. I like galway as a place but its just so far from home.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

I transferred from one college to another but as a mature student the points didnt matter for me. Another girl transferred at the same time and points would have been an issue for her. If ya want to transfer and you dont have the points I think you need a really good reason!! The best way to find out is to phone the head of the course

Advertisement