Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear piercing questions

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting another piercing this weekend but have some simple enough questions

I'm thinking of getting an anti-tragus/snug, vertical tragus or a plain old scaffold. I have my conch pierced already so would the barbell from this be too close for an anti-tragus or snug piercing to heal properly? My tragus is pierced on the other ear so I can't do it on that side!

As for vertical tragus, is this a common piercing? I want to go to Wildcat in Dublin but it isn't listed on their site. Is it a difficult area to look after or is there anything I should know before considering it? Generally is it a good idea/bad idea?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

ergonomics wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting another piercing this weekend but have some simple enough questions

I'm thinking of getting an anti-tragus/snug, vertical tragus or a plain old scaffold. I have my conch pierced already so would the barbell from this be too close for an anti-tragus or snug piercing to heal properly? My tragus is pierced on the other ear so I can't do it on that side!

As for vertical tragus, is this a common piercing? I want to go to Wildcat in Dublin but it isn't listed on their site. Is it a difficult area to look after or is there anything I should know before considering it? Generally is it a good idea/bad idea?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say the barbell in your conch would cause a problem. If it does, perhaps think about getting a shorter bar or ring for it if it is already healed? I think the snug would be a bit nearer to the conch than an anti-tragus though, and if the conch piercing isn't healed fully, you could end up upsetting that too.

I had my anti-tragus pierced, and it never healed. That part of my ear isn't that prominant, it was more like a surface piercing (for me) than a straight through and through piercing (I think normally, they're not that problematic). That brings me to my last point...

I wouldn't advise against getting a vertical tragus piercing. However, you should bear in mind that it IS a surface piercing, and will most likely reject. If/when it does start to get bothersome, remove it (with care) to prevent scarring. You have your tragus and conch done so you'll know about the whole earphones and sleeping dilemma :)

Best of luck, decorated ears are pretty :D

Advertisement