Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco washing up liquid refills

Options
  • 20-10-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Folks,

Any idea where I can get refills of washing up liquid? I used to use the eco centre in Temple Bar, but as they've closed down I can't find anywhere else.

Cheers,

Rich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Galaxie390 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Any idea where I can get refills of washing up liquid? I used to use the eco centre in Temple Bar, but as they've closed down I can't find anywhere else.

Cheers,

Rich

Can I ask what is so eco friendly about the ones you used over say fairy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Ecover www.ecover.com and Lilly's , an Irish company, based in west Cork http://www.lillysecoluv.com are the two main providers of eco-friendly cleaning products and regardless of the ingredients of the liquids, the fact that you can bring the empties for refilling again and again and again....must have a beneficial effect - ie the need to recycle or produce new bottles is eliminated. Fairy Liquid and other products don't give a damn about the environment - just making the maximum profit possible. I know that I get my Ecover washing-up liquid bottle refilled a short walk from my apartment but can't say where you can go in Dublin but check-out their website and you may find the information you require. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Galaxie390 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Cheers,

Rich

Cultivate are opening up again soon in the old ENFO office on St Andrew's St:

http://www.cultivate.ie/

In the meantime, I know you can get some refills in the Dublin Food Co-op that is open on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Are you looking for Ecover or Lily's or another one?

Edit: Actually Lily's seem to have a list that shows where refills are available: http://www.lillysecoluv.com/distributors.html
    robtri wrote: »
    Can I ask what is so eco friendly about the ones you used over say fairy???

Fairy gets pretty dismal marks over on this website (based on a Greenpeace report):

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/FreeBuyersGuides/householdconsumables/dishwasherdetergent.aspx

Plus the simple fact that Lily's (if that's the one the OP is asking about) is manufactured in Ireland would mean a reduction in transport emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galaxie390

Wow, thanks for all the info, the internet is great (somtimes at least).

I'd always used ecover, but want to try Lillies.

I'll go and look at the Dublin Food Co-op, I'd heard about it but never got the details.

Thank you,

Rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 T3r3kki

Hi you can get plenty of information on the differences of Eco Friendly Cleaning Products on the new Lilly's Eco Clean Website - there's a handy stockist map that shows where the product is sold. Check it out here:www.lillysecoclean.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Dragging up this dinosaur thread to see if anyone knows where I can get my ecover bottles refilled in Dublin? Bought them in tesco, seems like a waste to buy new plastic bottled products now that I'm running low.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

When I still lived there, I used to go to Ecologic in Dundrum. From the look of their website, they're still in business. Might be worth giving them a ring first just to check they still do refills.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Organic super store stock the ECO range

Advertisement