Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunt Museum, Thumbs up or down?

Options
  • 20-10-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

What's the price of admission these days?

I checked it out years ago and it seemed a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Free on sundays I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Went there one Saturday for Lunch. The place looked and smelled like a sad canteen in a hospital or old folks home. Never again. Wasn't to impressed with the museum on the way in or out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Went there one Saturday for Lunch. The place looked and smelled like a sad canteen in a hospital or old folks home. Never again. Wasn't to impressed with the museum on the way in or out

You didnt see any of the museum if you were just using the cafe. Its a good museum as they go but is hard to make glass cases interesting. Beats the hell out of the Limerick museum though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The irish just dont do Museums, was in Boston and the the science museum was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eggnog

The boston museum sounds cool, what do they do different? :D

I feel that we are the limerick people, the museums are here for us. We should take advantage of the events going on:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The irish just dont do Museums, was in Boston and the the science museum was amazing!

You are comparing Limerick with Boston? Do you want to think about that again?

The Hunt museum is quite good. You would have to have an existing appreciation of history and understanding of periods of Irish history before viewing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Hunt Museum is grand. People cannot expect something as amazing as what they have in the major American or European cities.

The Hunt is a museum based in what is just a big town, and as such is quite good on that basis.

A lot depends on whether there is an exhibition on when you visit it and whether you have an interest in that particular one.

I would love if we had something bigger in Limerick that took in everything from history to science on a grand scale in it's displays, but such a museum would most likely not make money in somewhere as small as Limerick. Which brings us back to the Hunt and what it has in it. It is probably as good as the amount of paying customers make it.

I would much rather have the Hunt Museum than not have it though.

Advertisement