Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing games

Options
  • 20-10-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I do apologise if this has been posted recently, but i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where would be a good place to import games from online.
    I'm looking to get the God of War collection for PS3 when it come out in November of this year in the US, but not till the new year in the EU sadly. I tried playasia.com but they aren't shipping to the EU for that game.

Anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Maybe Video Games Plus in Canada will ship?

The thing is though, most retailers are cautious about shipping imported Sony games software/hardware after Lik-sang being made bankrupt through court proceedings by Sony after they imported PSPs to Europe.

Ah, found it! Think you're good:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=16217

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's only really the hong kong based importers that don't like importing Sony products. videogamesplus should be fine, probably better since the shipping is very fast from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I ordered the US CE of Batman Arkham Asylum from cduniverse and I found the service exceptional. Shipping prices alone differed hugely between them and videogames plus with the latter wanting $40 whereas cduniverse had it on my doorstep 4 days later for $6.95. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

last time i checked it was under €5 for delivery from VG+

*just spotted the Collectors Edition is indeed €29 for delivery but its a bit unfair comparing that with its standard game delivery costs in this case*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah yes, for the OP the situation will be different but I just thought I'd mention the site as an alternative to VG+ for now, clearly it made more sense to me at 5am. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

gizmo wrote: »
    Ah yes, for the OP the situation will be different but I just thought I'd mention the site as an alternative to VG+ for now, clearly it made more sense to me at 5am. :o

it may turn out very handy for me having that link though as they have dual shocks without the extra loading for postage unlike vg+. that 5 o clock thought just may have saved me few quid!! cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Guys I presume you all have NTSC ps3's? This thread just peaked my interest here and afaik there's no way of running NTSC on PAL PS3's.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Guys I presume you all have NTSC ps3's? This thread just peaked my interest here and afaik there's no way of running NTSC on PAL PS3's.....

Only if you are playing on a crappy standard def TV and anyway practically all PS3 NTSC games run in PAL and PAL consoles can display NTSC. NTSC systems can't run PAL games unless in HD modes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

EnterNow wrote: »

PS3 is region free.

/strokes US deluxe edition of Demons Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Only if you are playing on a crappy standard def TV and anyway practically all PS3 NTSC games run in PAL and PAL consoles can display NTSC. NTSC systems can't run PAL games unless in HD modes.
    PS3 is region free.

Ya learn something new every day....cheers guys, cant believe there's no region protection on such a well protected console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

How much do VG+ and cduniverse charge on average for shipping games to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

smooch71 wrote:
    How much do VG+ and cduniverse charge on average for shipping games to Ireland?

I'm curious about that too. I see some games I'd like to order.

Just complete an order but don't go all the way through with it and you'll see it in the price breakdown. It's not too expensive and works out cheaper if you buy a lot of games together and anyway videogamesplus' shipping is so fast it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PS3 is region free.

Damn you! where did you got it? And do you have to play on Us servers online? very laggy bud?

I'm playing the asian version and there's no noticeable lag. It's a slow game so lag doesn't affect it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm playing the asian version and there's no noticeable lag. It's a slow game so lag doesn't affect it much.

is it good? as reviews are really good for it.

and i like all the concept! any places that i could get it ordered, and why the hell its not out in eu? :(

I'm curious about that too. I see some games I'd like to order.

Ordered some stuff off them last week. The shipping is reasonable enough.

Its usually between 7 and 9 euro for a game. I placed my order on a Wednesday and it arrived with DHL on the Friday morning.

They're on the ball.

and i like all the concept! any places that i could get it ordered, and why the hell its not out in eu? :(

Try www.videogamesplus.ca

I ordered the deluxe off them but they only seem to have the standard version now.

It's excellent, could be my game of the year. Hard to decide between it and Persona 4. It seems no publisher has picked up the rights to in in Europe and unfortunately the excellent Atlus has no european arm. Still, nothing stopping you getting the US version. Videogamesplus.ca will have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement