Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sufjan Stevens Album The BQE

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

The Brooklyn Queens Expressway was released today,
    what do ye think of it,
    personally dissapointed on first listen as I did not realise it was purely instrumental.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

I wont be getting it. I'm waiting for his next (long overdue) proper album. There is absolutely no way he'll record an album for every state like he promised at this rate of output. Illinoise came out in 2005!!!!:(

I'm not against totally against his procrastination. He's incredibly talented and pretty much everything he produces is good. I just wish he'd save some of these ideas for proper albums that get the spotlight he deserves.

Anyway the next album promises live up to expectation if every song is as good as this

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bref_fitz

I just got it today, looking forward to listening to it tonight. Pretty much everything he does is amazing but he should get going on his next state

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

why is this thread not much busier?

What has happened to the Alt Indie forum when no one cares about sufjan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Well its not exactly a new Sufjan album....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

People care but they mostly care about when he's going to release his next proper album!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bref_fitz

Kid V wrote: »
    People care but they mostly care about when he's going to release his next proper album!
    Yeah, i think we're all waiting for the next state. I hope it's California

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Kid V wrote: »
    I wont be getting it. I'm waiting for his next (long overdue) proper album. There is absolutely no way he'll record an album for every state like he promised at this rate of output. Illinoise came out in 2005!!!!:(

I heard a piece about him on the radio during the week (on Phantom I think), and from what he was saying it sounded like he had scrapped the whole album per. state thing. He was talking about how disillusioned he was with the whole music industry and the whole downloading music issue. I cannot remember exactly what was said, but it seemed to be along the lines of not making much money...

Advertisement