Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which course should i do pharmacy techician OR dental nursing?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

i am thinking of doing one of these courses they are 2 years each which is best what the salary like i am unemployed for 2 years and want to do something
    any information willl be helpful
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

They would both be handy qualifications to have. I'm pretty sure the salary would be somewhat similar so go with whichever career you would prefer. I've always liked the idea of working in a pharmacy and having all the old grannies coming in asking for stuff and you if you really knew your stuff you could be quite helpful!
    On the other hand if you have a thing for listening to drills all day dental nursing is for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

ann100 wrote: »
    i am thinking of doing one of these courses they are 2 years each which is best what the salary like i am unemployed for 2 years and want to do something
    any information willl be helpful
    thanks
    Where are you applying for these courses?
    I worked as an unqualified dental assistant a few years back and i absolutely loved it. I picked up everything on the job, a great way to learn. I applied through cao to do it at TCD but didn't go and kind of regretted it since.
    I also worked as a pharmacy dispensary assistant and picked that up quickly too. You get used to hearing the names of medicines and reading doctor's handwriting ha :P
    Both jobs are well paid especially when you qualify and (this was the case when I worked in these areas) healthcare jobs are usually reliable as an income.

Advertisement