Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers

Options
  • 19-10-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

With a little over two weeks to go to this match, what are your thoughts?

Will it be an easy debut for Fedor? Can Rogers prove his doubters wrong?

And more importantly, will this be shown in Ireland?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

1) Fedor by armbar in the First Round

2) Rogers will be tough standing up but once down on the floor Fedor will destroy him

3) No he wont prove his doubters wrong

4) Sadly it is not shown on TV here

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Rogers packs a punch, so I'd hate to see him knockout Fedor and end Fedor's mystique :pac:.

Then again, Fedor packs a hell of a punch too and his ground game is far superior to Rogers'.

Fedor likes standing up, so on that, I say Fedor by KO in 1st round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

I don't see why more people aren't excited bout this fight, I am - it's huge!!
    Rogers is very very dangerous - would hockey most people in MMA in the world, is bleedin huuuge, monstrous, massive and very strong with obvious knockout power, imagine him in two years time?
    Fedor is amazing, wupdydoo, we all know that - but every fight at that weight is a huge challenge and the pressure on him now is unbelievable and this guy Rogers is a huge, fast, violent mofo and he’s gonna test Fedor (who incidentally let us not forget is human and not some omnipotent invincible mythical deity half android half Mr Miagi born of the Russian nuclear program etc..) seeing as Fedor's not that big a dude in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

soretoe wrote: »
    I don't see why more people aren't excited bout this fight, I am - it's huge!!
    Rogers is very very dangerous - would hockey most people in MMA in the world, is bleedin huuuge, monstrous, massive and very strong with obvious knockout power, imagine him in two years time?
    Fedor is amazing, wupdydoo, we all know that - but every fight at that weight is a huge challenge and the pressure on him now is unbelievable and this guy Rogers is a huge, fast, violent mofo and he’s gonna test Fedor (who incidentally let us not forget is human and not some omnipotent invincible mythical deity half android half Mr Miagi born of the Russian nuclear program etc..) seeing as Fedor's not that big a dude in comparison.

Do you actually realise how good Fedor is??People have been saying what you are saying for the last 7-8 years but time and time again Fedor has come through..I sincerely doubt the fight he will lose will be against Brett Rogers

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Fedor by Zulu. Round One.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

callaway92 wrote: »
    Do you actually realise how good Fedor is??People have been saying what you are saying for the last 7-8 years but time and time again Fedor has come through..I sincerely doubt the fight he will lose will be against Brett Rogers

Look, it's not that Fedor's deffo going to lose sometime soon just coz he's never really been beaten, he may actually fight Rogers, Overeem, Buentello, whoever and then co-promote with Dana and fight Brock/Carwin and beat them all silly, what I'm sayin is that Rogers is BIIIG, Scary and Fast and has no fear for Fedor and will go straight for him trying to utilise his power and size and big hands and knees - and with this, and the pressure he's under to perform in mind, this is as challenging as fighting Mirko back in Pride was - that's why I think it's a huge fight and I HAVE to be able to watch this online or there's gonna be tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

There have been quite a few dangerous, big scary opponents to have fought Fedor, but Fedor has proven his calibre time and time again. Just think of the recent Arlovski fight. Watching the fight, I thought Fedor was on the back foot, then BAM! Night Night! :eek:

I'm always excited to see Fedor fight, I just think he'll dispose of Rogers relatively quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IrishRottie

I know it will not be possible to watch this on tv, as with all Fedor fights..

but will it be possible to purchase the ppv and stream online?

or will it have to be stop start bs streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IrishRottie

Will be interesting to see how Fedor looks in a cage. IMO it will help him and will see some of that gnp, maybe not against Rogers but in the future.

Fedor by tko, early.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Is it not on TV period...or is it just not on live?

Will bravo not do a Sunday night replay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Brett Rogers to win via KO in round 1 (yes I am hungover!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Does this need another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

rovert wrote: »

you know what Fedor's nuthuggers are like :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

that was gonna be my question too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Luke Kelly

Yea you can but i alway's find wathching ppv online is **** unless you have super speed connection , also it's fedor fighting so why pay money for a fight that might not last longer than 2 min's , you are better off watching it on u tube the next day it's free plus you get to comment the other u tuber's .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Luke Kelly wrote: »
    Yea you can but i alway's find wathching ppv online is **** unless you have super speed connection , also it's fedor fighting so why pay money for a fight that might not last longer than 2 min's , you are better off watching it on u tube the next day it's free plus you get to comment the other u tuber's .

If he wasnt as scared of Brock we could watch him on the telly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If he wasnt as scared of Brock we could watch him on the telly :pac:

+1

If Fedor wants to prove himself as the best in the world then he's gotta fight in the best playground, The UFC

Advertisement