Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with diesel engine

Options
  • 19-10-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have a small mini digger left in my yard. Its been parked up for a couple of months and when I went to start it last night nothing happened.

When you turn the key a little buzzer comes on (to let you know the ignition is switched on) then turn it farther and nothing happens. It does not even attempt to turn over and there is no noise out of it at all.

Does anyone have a suggestion. I have an old tractor also and I have come to be reasonably handy at getting this going but this digger has beaten me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Is the battery fully charged?

Is the safety lever to the left of the left joystick in the up position?

Did you try crossing the terminals at the starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PKWATERFORD

Turns out that the battery was totally dead. Jump started it with a tractor and its going fine.

Thanks everyone for the help on this

Advertisement